Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Finally The Weekend!!

Well Friday has arrived and as of now I have 2 hours left until it's officially the weekend for me! YAY! This week just seemed to really drag by and it was kind of rough. Oh I'm so excited to sleep in in the morning! Hopefully I'll make it past 9 am because usually we are both up and jumping at 8. And that leads to me either 1) having to take a nap or 2) going to bed at 8pm on a Saturday night.
We don't really have plans for this weekend. Our friends Nancy and Rob are having a birthday party for Rob's son Ethan this weekend, so we might grab up Heaven and go let her get some time with a lot of good kids. Toby and I along with the rest of the family are learning that she needs to be around other kids as much as possible. That way, when August rolls around and she starts school, she will be less likely to disrupt the classroom and cause a lot of mayhem. I mean, what parent/stepparent/papa/grandma wants that to happen? NONE! So we are defintely booking kiddie play dates, if anyone in the area is interested, please contact me asap.
On another note...oh mother, oh mother. Yes I'm talking about mine. She's carrying a marriage liscense around as we speak. The date is for next Saturday, and it's a big secret. As of right now, nobody reads my blog (that I know of) so I don't think it will hurt to talk about it. Glen is a good guy. He has some things about him that I don't particullarly care for, but my mom has to put up with that, so whatever is clever. As long as he is good to her and respects her and is a good model husband and step-father to my brother, I don't care. The only people that are going to be there are Glen's mom and daughter, me, Toby, and little Eric. Ginny may go, but she's very spontaneous so you never really know. It's going to be simple and plain and enjoyable. On the Tybee Island peer. I'm really excited for my mom. She's sooooooo nervous!! It's so cute, I love it. This is what I live for, to see my mother happy again and nervous and funny. But most important, happy again. We have been trying to decide on a dress and flowers and flip flops. I'll probably go spend the night with her next Thursday. It will be our time. You see, my mother, aside from Toby, is my best friend. She's been here for me through everything. She always kept me under her wing and took me in when she knew she was the only person I had. You see, when I was very young, my parents divorced and mom remarried. He was mean to me, esspecially after Ginny was born, and my dad was having rough times and wasn't really in contact too much. So...I was a momma's girl. Always have been, always will be. When I was a child, my biggest fear was losing my mother. What would I do? Where would I go? Who would I live with? What about my siblings? We would be seperated? Now, almost 23, I still don't know what I would do if anything happens to her. She is the BEST MOM EVER. I don't care what you say! Really my mom has ALWAYS gone above and beyond for us. She always made sure we were taken care of and had clothes, a roof over our heads, and food on the table. She always makes sure that we celebrate our birthdays. She always finds a way, because she has a will. She is the most driven woman I have ever known. And it was all for us. I've seen her in her deepest of sorrows and she was STILL a good mom. My mom is the poster mom for all single working mothers across America. She's the shit. So yes, it's kind of hard seeing her get married. I mean, I just want the absolute best for my mother. No less. I have faith that Glen will make her happy and fulfill her needs for the rest of her life. Sorry for rambling, I just had to get all that out. So next Saturday here we come!

No comments: