Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day & The Weekend

Well wouldn't you know I have to work on Memorial Day? Of course this is a car dealership!! Don't you know we sell TONS of cars today? Yeah right tell someone that hasn't done this for four consecutive years that line. No we don't sell as many as I would like for us to, but I suppose we sell enough to make me, along with my other disappointed co-workers, come to work. Oh well.
So this weekend was pretty radical. Toby and I finally finished the hard parts of landscaping our yard! It looks out of this world marvelous. I just can't hardly believe it.
John's wedding was Saturday on Tybee. Although the weather didn't permit it from being on the actual beach, it was still very nice. The only thing bad I had to say about it, and I'll say it, I'M SELFISH, is it was hard to see John getting married and starting his new life. He's like my brother. I look up to him in so many incredible ways and I love him so much. I cried like a baby during the ceremony. It's just a reminder that I'm getting older and things, along with the people I love, are changing. And it's surreal. John has taught me so much about life and we have spent MANY days and nights together talking, laughing, playing guitar (or me trying and him playing), fishing, riding in the boat. All sorts of things. He bought me my first fishing licence. He taught me how to drive a boat. He showed me the most awesome sand bar on the Ogeechee. Taught me how to tune a guitar. When I was a kid he let me play on his turntables (which was so awesome) and he also blessed me with a fond hatred for Freddy Kruger and scary movies. And he accompanied me and my mother to River Street for my 21st birthday, although his new found love had inspired him to quit drinking. And it was so special. All these things ran through my head Saturday and it made me realize how much I miss my Uncle Brother John. I understand we have both grown up in a since and now have our own families and lives going on. But no matter what, he's always going to hold the most ultra special place in my heart. I welcome Belinda, Victoria, and Amber into our family, and I love them very much because John does and now they are part of him and who he is. This wedding really made me realize that growing up is inevitable, whether you choose to accept it or not. And it has it's own perks. You just want to remember people and places that you will never forget and always hold special in your heart and that even though things change, love never fails to bring everything together.

No comments: