Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Friends Come And Go

Alright, so lately I've been feeling like I don't have many true "friends" left. But I have come to the realization that if they aren't here today like they were a year ago, then they probably never were really TRUE friends. Sometimes, esspecially with girls, people feel like they are constantly competing in a popularity contest. They do whatever they can to gain all these friends, but little do they realize that the people they are so quick to befriend will soon be replaced with new ones because of the popularity thing inside their heads. Too bad for the people being befriended huh? Yeah well that has happened to me. I mean, this girl I REALLY thought was a friend isn't. She betrayed me, pretty much behind my back, in a couple of different ways, then tried to lie about it when I asked her and made up excuses and little fibs. All because of her own personal inner popularity contest. Whatever you know? Did it ever occur to this simple bitch that I am not a moron? That I have feelings and she shouldn't be so quick to do the ridiculous things she does? Probably not. So with that little bit said, I can honestly say that I can count on my hands the number of TRUE friends I have. And they are the ones that have been there since I can practically remember. They are the ones that I can call on when I need to talk about something and they won't judge me whatsoever. They are the friends that will come pick my drunk ass up off the side of the road when I have run my car into a ditch. They are the friends that even though we haven't seen each other in a year or two, they can still ask me a favor and I'll do it and they would in return. They are the friends that I love, have had for many years, and will have for many more. Friends come and go, but TRUE FRIENDS stay forever.

No comments: